Friday, August 26, 2011

Predictions.

Britta 's life has been somewhat like a hurricane.  Once one location has been demolished, desolated and conquered she moves on to the next stage in her path and does the same thing over and over again.  Quite a force to be reckoned with.  Birthdays for us have never been easy and #3 was no different.  We had a blast, there was NO crying BUT Gunnar was out of town and I was on solo - hence the lack decent pics and my new vow to NEVER have a birthday party alone again.  It was fun, hot and chaotic.  


When I think back at Britta's Birthdays they are very descriptive of how that following year will go.  When she was born she did not sleep for the first 12hrs after she was born and screamed most of those hours.  Very much like her infant year.  Her first Birthday I don't even want to talk about because it was probably the worst birthday I have ever been to.  Lets just leave it at that. During that year she gave us a run for our money.  Just when we thought she would get better... it got worse!


 Second birthday wasn't so bad but there was still a sense of the infant we knew.  Touchy and temperamental.  This year we have had our moments (many of them) but we are surviving.  Her Third birthday was fun but the ENTIRE day of her birthday she was a bon-a-fide birthday monster.  If birthdays are at all the prediction of the future I feel as if we are in for another wild one. It's the only way we know!


The AMAZING birthday cake Bethany made!

lips, make-up and more.  She didn't let go of those for the whole following week!
Better than I even could have imagined!
Bethany I OWE YOU BIG!!


The most AMAZING cake ever! DELISH!



Now that he is naughty...
he's my favorite BOY!

The only real picture of Britta

Ohh! The birthday presents were PERFECT!
She loves every one of them!

She HAD to have her lips opened NOW!

By the end of the party Britta ended with her birthday suit of course!
And can I say the piano from grandma was A-DOR-A-BLE!

Apparently Shelby stole my camera.
I had little control over anything that day
Its more regular than you think!


A happy birthday to Britta - heaven help us.

3 comments:

  1. Looks fun!! And no, this isn't going to be your worst year ever, it's just going to go up from here. Zero to three is insane, I've got difficult little ones also. Three has it's own challenges, but the relief of her being able to communicate and a little maturity on her part is going to be a breath of fresh air for you guys! She's an adorable little spitfire, try to enjoy this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Britta! Hopefully this year will be better than the rest. Emma's has already started to improve, so I have high hopes for you! :) You can do it!!

    P.S. I LOVE Bethany's cake...super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO great! And you LOVED that I stole your camera and you have amazing pictures of Mckay, me, and Brittas cute butt playing the piano! I love reading your blogs! They always make me laugh!

    ReplyDelete