Sunday, August 14, 2011

Forced Freedom

Ah, freedom - something that we take for granted. When we were younger all we wanted to do was grow up and have more FREEDOM.  Freedom to make our own choices, do our own thing, be our own person. As we got that freedom we soon realized that freedom came at a cost.  Costs that consisted of paying taxes, going to work and getting an education and all the lovely things that growing up and having freedom actually means. 

Freedom has a new face in our world.  Britta.  Who else?  

Britta has started preschool this week as well as a new playgroup on Fridays.  Many wonderful exciting things at our house.  I actually get some freedom from Britta. I love that she is growing up and becoming more independent.... at least that is the end goal. 

Britta likes the idea of going to Preschool, but as we drive closer and closer to preschool the water works kicks into high gear .  It is apparent that I am not getting my freedom without a fight.  I should have known, nothing in Britta's life has been easy.  Not even getting her to this earth....

So, I fight on.  With tears and, me all but kicking her into the door and making a run for it and not looking back, before someone stops me and says "yea we changed our minds she maybe needs another year or so..."  You can see from the pictures I try to get her as cute as possible in hope that maybe they will have pity on me and think she is cute enough to have in their class.....




In all honesty this is our reality before preschool.
Cute but not happy about it.




Its not "Freedom isn't Free" at our house... it's Forced.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous! Emma's on a waiting list. Enjoy your freedom! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah freedom isn't free...its forced! Hahah so great and so true for the Britsy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so funny. I love it but I'm sure you don't. Just think about the song "It won't Be Like This For Long" You will want this day back. Talee went to school all day this year. Sadly, I love it. hehe

    ReplyDelete