Saturday, March 12, 2011

I Blame it on the Drugs

Does anyone know that song that was popular around the early 2000's "I do it for the druuugggss, I do it just to feel alliiivveee!" Ok, totally inappropriate but very relatable.  NO I am not turning to drugs (although I did say to Gunnar last week how amazed I was about myself for NOT turning to drugs when Britta throws her many-a-day hissy fits)




 Back to the drug relation.... 


As some of you might know we are trying to get pregnant with #2 (sometimes I do wonder why) and have been for almost a year. I was hesitant to go to my regular OB because that meant, "yup, I want a baby NOW!" so I decided to try an alternative method. When I say alternative I mean natural path and acupuncture. As it turns out she was a hippie, green loving, tree hugging psycho path that told me all the horrible toxins I am putting into my body and that plastic is going to prevent me from getting pregnant and I left with nothing so $175 later I called the OB and choose drugs over a vegan-green lifestyle. 


This is where the drugs relate; promise.


Leaving the OB I had a 3 month supply of Clomid and a 6 month supply of Metformin. Both, very common for trying to get pregnant. Our plan of action? Take Metformin (a diabetic drug that somehow and miraculously regulates) for a few months, then take Clomid (the supposably "wonder drug" that propagates twins, triplets ect... yay.) 


I have been taking Metformin for about 2+ weeks and no real side effects except I'd like to blame my non-motivation, mood swings, sleepiness and overall crazies.  None of these were listed as side effects of Metformin. Most of them are probably due to having a very active and strong-willed 2 yr old of the likes no one has ever seen BUT....


I Blame it on the Drugs!
It makes life a little easier that way AND I want another baby so the drugs make it all worth it. 
When I think of having another baby
This is what comes to mind
I wouldn't want it any other way :) 

4 comments:

  1. This post made me SAD! Boo! Dang infertility! Totally sucks! I hope a little babe comes your way asap! I will start praying to my Africa doll you bought me two years ago! Can you believe that??? Two years ago this Aril. Love you shay shay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOODNESS... I can TOTALLY relate! We are about 6 months behind you. I'm not quite ready to go the drug route yet. I feel crazy enough already! :) I have hypothyroidism, the rh factor, and a doctor who sucks. So...my goal is to try to get my body to stop fighting the dang kid. I've either been pregnant or in post pardom for the last 6 months. Why am I going to all this work to have another psychopath like the first one? Hopefully babies are in our near future and that they will be the opposite as their older sisters! :). Thanks for sharing your story...I'm sorry that you're going through that, but appreciate that I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys make cute babies. We are hoping #2 comes along soon...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jes, It is crazy how so many people relate, and you don't even know it! It is always good to hear other people going through the same things and are in the same walks of life. Hope all gets better for you guys! Keep us updated on how things go! Even if you need to vent about the psychopath ;) anyone with one understands :)

    ReplyDelete